While social media marketing has become an important way for advertisers to connect with their target audience, not all platforms are created equally. As we discussed in last week’s blog, users tend to engage with platforms differently and certain sites are more popular for specific users, so it’s important to craft a digital marketing plan that builds off of the strengths of each platform. In addition to how users engage with each platform, social media sites also have their own times and days of the week when their users are most engaged and responsive. To make the most of your marketing, you’ll need to be sure that you’re posting when your target audience is most likely to see your content.
Facebook users are by far the most engaged social media users, but because the platform is so popular it can be easy for your content to get lost in a crowded timeline. To better your chances that your audience will see your content you should keep in mind:
- Posts do best when published on Thursdays and Fridays
- Content posted at 1pm in your audience’s time zone is most likely to be shared
- Content posted at 3pm receives more clicks
- Otherwise, posting between 9am-7pm is usually best
If your tweets aren’t getting the traction you want, it could be because you’re not posting at the optimal time. By scheduling your tweets during these days and hours, you can help improve your chances that the content will be seen by your target audience:
- For B2B businesses, posting on weekdays is best
- For B2C (business-to-consumer) tweets, aim to post on weekends or Wednesdays
- For the highest click-through rates, tweet between 12pm and 6pm
- For the most retweets, post your content at 5pm
Although LinkedIn is still emerging as a social platform, it’s currently the best place for B2B social media marketing content. To reach your B2B audience, be sure to:
- Post on Tuesdays between the 10-11am or Wednesdays and Thursdays between 7am-8am or 5pm-6pm
- Mondays and Fridays see the least engagement
Pinterest is becoming an increasingly popular advertising platform, but it can be tricky to get your content in front of your target audience. To ensure that your pins show up during search, keep in mind that:
- Content posted on Saturdays receives the most engagement
- Posts published between 8pm-11pm tend to perform best
- Pinterest traffic tends to peak around 9pm.
Unlike the other platforms, Instagram users follow no rhyme or reason when it comes to checking their feeds. Engagement tends to stay static every day of the week and although many companies post between 3-5pm, there’s little data that this actually increases user engagement.
About Observation Baltimore:
At Observation Baltimore, we understand that the success of your research is directly tied to the quality of your participants. Recognized as one of the top Maryland market research facilities and rated “One of the World’s Best” by Impulse Survey, we believe that Experienced Recruiting Makes the Difference. Our experienced recruiting is the foundation of our mission, as well as courteous and proactive hospitality and client services. Just six minutes from BWI airport and AMTRAK, our Baltimore research facility has a great location. Most importantly, we understand market research!