Zagat named Baltimore No. 2 on its’ list of 2015’s best food cities, which focused on cities that “had the biggest growth spurt.”
Consumer Demographic Information
Baltimore is home to: Under Armour, Pandora, McCormick & Co., Stanley Black & Decker, Transamerica Life Insurance Co., T. Rowe Price, Constellation Energy Group, Johns Hopkins Medicine and the University of Maryland Medical System.
- The Baltimore-Columbia-Towson, MD Metro Area is the 21st largest in the nation with a combined population of 2.8M.
- 95% of the population of Baltimore-Columbia-Towson, MD Metro Area are US citizens. This is higher than the national average of 93%.
- Average male salary: $75,268
- Average female salary: $58,370
- Median household income: $72,520
- Median property value: $290,300
- Home ownership: 65.6%
- Degrees awarded by top 5 local institutions in 2015: Women: 13,619 Men: 10,412
- Largest Demographic living in poverty: Female 25-34
- Ethnic Demographics
- White: 57.5%
- Black or African American: 28.5%
- Asian: 5.6%
- Hispanic: 5.5%
Healthcare Professional Information
- 25 Hospitals
- 247,080 Healthcare Professionals
- 22,148 Physicians
- 53,330 Registered Nurses
- 2,390 General Dentists
- 6,490 Pharmacists