- Facebook has 845 million active users.
- Facebook accounts for 20% of all page views on the web.
- Twitter has 127 million active users.
- There are over 175 million Tweets per day.
- LinkedIn has 150 million registered users.
- There are 2 million companies on LinkedIn.
- Google+ has had 90 million unique visitors.
- Google “+1″ buttons are clicked more than 5 billion times a day.
- Pinterest has had 21 million unique visits.
- In January 2012, Pinterest was driving more referral traffic to retailers than LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+.
Benefits of Social Media in Market Research
- No Size Limitations: Unlike surveys and focus groups, social media has no size limitations. Market researchers can reach record numbers of consumers in a single location.
- Real-Time Insights: Researchers can track and analyze emerging consumer trends in real-time.
- Consumer Comfort: Consumers are much more comfortable voicing their own opinions on these social media networks, providing market researchers with 100% truthful insights.
Social media is just one more technology that is fundamentally changing the way market researchers serve their clients. By better understanding Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and other social media channels, researchers can begin to better understand people.
Check back next week as we take a closer look at another Technology in Market Research: Research in Virtual Worlds.
To learn more, please contact Barbara Gassaway and the market research specialists at Observation Baltimore today by calling 410-332-0400 or click here! And if you are interested in participating in a future focus group, sign up at www.observationbaltimore/getpaid.
Observation Baltimore has been serving the market research industry for two decades, consistently rated “One of the World’s Best,” by Impulse Survey.
We understand market research!