The 2012 Olympic Games are right around the corner, scheduled to take place in London from July 27th through August 12, 2012.
Team U.S.A. at the 2012 Olympic Games
Team U.S.A will send 530 athletes (269 women and 261 men) to the 2012 Olympic Games to compete in 25 sports. Handball is the only sport that Team U.S.A. will not participate in at these Olympic Games.
Interesting 2012 Olympic Facts & Statistics
- This will be the first time a city has hosted the Olympics three times (London: 1908, 1948, 2012)
- There will be 26 different sports played at the 2012 games
- 205 countries will send more than 10,500 total athletes to participate in the 2012 Olympic games
- Women will comprise 40% of the competitors
- For the first time ever, the United States Olympic team will feature more female athletes than male athletes
- Also for the first time ever, every participating country will have a woman competing on its team
“The IOC has been striving to ensure a greater gender balance at the Olympic Games, and today’s news can be seen as an encouraging evolution,” said IOC President Jacques Rogge.
This year’s Olympic Games are truly a step in the right direction for women’s equality in sports!
To learn more, please contact Barbara Gassaway and the market research specialists at Observation Baltimore today by calling 410-332-0400 or click here! And if you are interested in participating in a future focus group, sign up at www.observationbaltimore/getpaid.
Observation Baltimore has been serving the market research industry for two decades, consistently rated “One of the World’s Best,” by Impulse Survey.
We understand market research!